Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving


I hope our American holiday finds all of you, in whichever part of the world you're in, well and happy today.

My family has a lot to be thankful for this year.  Even though we are lost without Mom this Thanksgiving, we are so grateful that we were able to get to spend that extra time with her before she passed.  The doctors had only given her a few days or weeks to live when we brought her home in January and we were blessed with eight extra months.

Dad and I are especially happy to be here today as we were involved in a traffic accident on Tuesday evening.  We were in a rental car (my truck was in the shop) driving back to the ranch when a van ran a stop sign and drove directly in front of us.  I stood on the brakes, but had nowhere to go as there was a car to the right of me and a curb on the left.  The fact that it had been raining all day and the roads were wet didn't help the situation.  The tiny little Ford Fiesta that we were in is no more.  It did what it was supposed to and protected Dad and I by crumpling up around us instead of into us. 

We are both pretty sore and banged up, but are very much alive to tell about it.  The ironic thing is that a few minutes before the wreck we had been discussing how uncomfortable we were in the minuscule little car.  Dad and I both drive big Ford F250 pick-ups and don't feel especially safe in smaller vehicles.  I was comparing this car to the one Fred Flintstone drove where he could put his foot out to stop it.  Thank you little Fiesta...

BIG (probably politically incorrect - BUT I DON'T CARE) RANT ALERT!  Of course, being that this is California - the driver WHO BROKE THE LAW is unlicensed, had NO ID and is here ILLEGALLY.  The police could only give him a citation and let him leave the scene, with the SIX little kids that he had in the van with him.  THAT I am NOT thankful for.  He almost killed Dad and I and put all those little kids in extreme danger and he just toodles on his merry, LAW IGNORING way.  While we, as law-abiding, tax-paying CITIZENS, have to make arrangements for a now totalled rental car, have to find a ride home, and then take care of all of the LEGALITIES and FINANCIAL ramifications of being in an accident/CRIME VICTIMS - PLUS we both hurt like HELL.  Our state is so messed up, it is scary.  We have no rights or protections.  Sorry about the rant and if it offends you, but these are the facts and it just hit me while I was trying to share how grateful I am that I am also pretty pissed and sore today.

OK, back to the reason for this post.  I truly am thankful for my loving husband, for my family and all of our health.  I am grateful for hubby's job and that we are well-provided for.  I am grateful that we will be spending this afternoon with my Dad and Mr. MoonCat's parents who are up visiting for the holiday.  I am thankful that they are all relatively healthy and that we are all together.  I am grateful for all that I have, my family and friends, my most beloved animals and their health, and most definitely, ALL OF YOU.  Please be happy and safe.


And to end on a light note, my chickens would like you all to know that THEY are thankful to live here at MoonCat Farms and that they are not TURKEYS!

8 comments:

  1. Your guardian angel was with you that day!

    So happy you are both ok.....

    And a very Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and all the moon cat critters :)

    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanskgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very happy you and your Dad are ok. Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving today.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you and your dad are OK! Happy Thanksgiving, Jules to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jules, I am so sorry to hear about your mom, but as you said an unexpected 8 months was a blessing. It was that way with my Dad, we got another year. Anyway, I know you are still grieving and my heart is heavy for you and yours... healing and comforting energy flowing your way.

    I wish you many blessing and abundance!

    now about the car wreck...AMEN, that you are here to talk about it.

    My husband's best friend had a guy jump 2 lanes an turn right in front of him and totalled his tow truck (this is the guys livelyhood...the guy tried to run, but another motorist got him.

    an illegal, no lic. no ins. and tried to run away...we are in NJ...same crap...you didn't offend me...Ron says you offended him, because you didn't use any choice words, LOL!!

    PLEASE visit my blog for a token TG gift for all my followers :)
    and PLEASE enjoy your day!!
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much. We managed to have a lovely Thanksgiving and enjoyed our day. I hope all of you did the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh... Jules, I am relieved to hear that you and your dad are doing -- comparatively -- well. What a scare!

    Big hugs,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank god that you and dad are in the blessings of god ,
    really we all have countless for being grateful to our dear lord ,
    take care

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to come by MoonCat Farms. We welcome your comments and look forward to hearing what you think. (Please note that we do have comment moderation on so that we will be sure to never miss a comment from one of our valued readers.) If you're entering one of our giveaways, PLEASE be sure to leave a way for us to contact you if you're the winner.