Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 Blog Resolutions

Happy New Year!

I hope all of you have started 2010 off happy and healthy. We're happy, just working on the healthy part now. I do want to take a moment to tell you that I am grateful to EACH of you for taking the time to visit me and offer such great support. 2009 was a bit of a downer year for us, but starting my blog and meeting so many of you was a definite highpoint. Thank you for being my blogland buddies!

I have been doing a lot of contemplating (and not of my navel) while hanging out at the hospital with Mom. A lot of this thinking has centered on what I'd like to do with my blog. I want to find out what YOU would like to hear about, learn about, or whatever is on your mind. It would be really interesting to know what keeps you coming back to visit me. Do you like the giveaways? The reviews? Too many photos, not enough? What about the blog hopping events? I'd love to get your honest feedback or any comments on where you'd like to see the blog go this year.

I have a few changes already in the works that I hope you'll enjoy. This list is just a partial one for now. I plan on making an "official" one this week sometime. Step 1: quit procrastinating...

  • Regular reviews/giveaways (starting with a stellar one later today from Carolina Pad.) Recently I have been introduced to some products that I really like and am working on sharing them with my readers. I plan to only do reviews on products that fit into our lifestyle here at MoonCat Farms and that I feel would be of benefit to you.
  • I'm also going to work on sharing more of my crafty and gardening projects with you. Since we'll have Mom home soon, we should be back on more of an even keel and I can concentrate more on matters around the house and yard. I have many, many unfinished projects that are just begging to be acknowledged.
  • Another feature I think I'd like to implement is to regularly introduce you to some of the blogs that I spend a lot of time visiting. I'm hoping to possibly do some interviews with a few of these fascinating people and let you get to know them too. There are so many great bloggers out there just waiting for us to find them.
  • Getting more people tuned into a greener lifestyle is also a goal of mine for this year. I'd like to use the blog to share many of the tips we've learned about and have introduced into our lives.

Dad has an annoying habit of saying that my sister and I both "open our mouths and let whatever is in our brains pop out". Lovely, huh? But, unfortunately true. There isn't always a filter in place and the TMI (too much information) occurs, more on my sister's part of course (ha). I've noticed this tendency with my blogging. I'm all over the place. I've been reading some great sites on improving your blog and most of them seem to say that you need a theme and need to stick to it. The reader needs to know what to expect. Is this true for you?

I'm a very "eclectic" person with a bajillion projects going at any given time. I get bored very easily and I'm afraid my blogging has shown that with the wide range of stuff I've blathered on about. I really don't know if this is good or bad, but it's pretty much me. I jump around a lot (not physically, bad knees) and I tend to write about whatever has popped into my little pea brain at the moment. Does this annoy you as a reader or does it interest you because it isn't the same thing every day? Mr. MoonCat says that's what keeps him stuck to me - he never knows what's next! Poor guy. Why do YOU stick around to hear about my navel gazing and tea-guzzling cats?

As Ed & Frank from the old Bartles & James commercials said, "Thank you for your support!"

3 comments:

  1. writing about different things doesn't annoy me, makes for a more interesting read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it. I hope I can come with some more things of interest to share this year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I prefer blogs that aren't about one topic all the time.

    Like, my blog has a basic theme...it's a mommy blog. But I touch on many topics there and I think that's okay. I think people would get tired of reading about my kids every single day. LOL Ya know?

    Your new ideas sound wonderful!

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to come by MoonCat Farms. We welcome your comments and look forward to hearing what you think. (Please note that we do have comment moderation on so that we will be sure to never miss a comment from one of our valued readers.) If you're entering one of our giveaways, PLEASE be sure to leave a way for us to contact you if you're the winner.