Trisha set up an "Introduce Yourself to Your Neighbor" round-robin/Mr. Linky type of event in order for us all to learn a few things about the people that we're conversing with regularly. Important things such as my name is really Julie or Jules, not MoonCat Farms and the hubby is not legally named Mr. MoonCat, but Michael - although it does have a ring to it.
I thought it would be fun to join in and share some of my info as well since this also marks my 100th post! I was going to do a giveaway to celebrate, but I think I'll just give away some information - much more valuable. I will be doing an actual giveaway of something tangible that you can hold in your hot little hands in a couple of weeks. It will be my 1 year blogiversary and the beginning of OWOH or One World One Heart 2010. You can click the icon to the right or read my post about it here.
On to some valuable dirt on the MoonCat Farmers...ummm, Julie & Mike.
- We are both firm believers of lazy weekend mornings, he likes Saturdays for the cartoons, I like Sunday just because I do.
- My favorite author is Diana Gabaldon. After we got together, I made him read the first book "Outlander" because he is my "Red Jamie". He insisted we use a part from the book in our wedding vows....
- We love being an auntie and uncle and are hoping to add a child to our life this year and finally become parents ourselves.
- I like rock music and he likes country. I grew up on a ranch listening to country and he grew up as a city slicker listening to show tunes.
- I rarely wear anything but pants and he regularly wears a skirt - I mean kilt...
- We both enjoy fishing. I catch them, he cleans them.
- I am the proud owner of a Fantasy Football team. I play with several guys I grew up with. Hubby watches a lot more NFL since meeting me.
- We both have natural, very curly hair. My father once remarked that if we ever had a child, "that THING would have some WILD hair!" Thanks Daddy.
- I am still extremely close to a group of friends that I have had since I was six years old.
- Michael played the part of "Lord Gordon" in Renaissance Faire. I dubbed him "Lord Pompous-Assedness". I was a serving wench that he dallied with once or twice.
- We met online!
- He is ex-military and I am ex-law enforcement.
- We both enjoy cooking and way too much eating.
Well, I think that takes care of some of the burning questions you've had about the MoonCats. I hope you can now rest easier knowing that I hate to gut and clean my own fish! This has been fun for me and I hope you'll go by Trisha's blog here to learn more about her and some of the great bloggers that are participating. It really is cool to be able to put more of a name and face to some of the fabulous writing out there.Hey while you're still here...look at the poll I have posted to the top right. Do me a favor and click on a few of the things and let me know what you think. It's quick, easy & anonymous and it will help me out with knowing what you'd like more or less of. Thanks gang...
Hope you'll stay with me for the next 100...